Friday, January 9, 2015

How to do Handprints in Clay! 

     Are you a stay at home mom and would like to earn some side money with part time work from home?  A job with children who are cute and their wonderful families?  A job you can do anytime, in your jammies at home?  A job with unlimited possibilities of income? 
     Perhaps you are a newly empty nester?  You'd like a job but have taken a break from your career while you raised your children?  You are super artsy-craftsy?  Your friends think you are so talented and you'd like to make some money doing what you love? 
     Do you want a flexible job, so when your kids get sick you can take off work or plan family vacations whenever you want?  Do you want to work close to home so you don't have to commute? 

     Have you already taken a handprint course elsewhere, but need further technical training?  Are you interested in more advanced/complex designs?  Are you experiencing occasional "oopsies" that disappoint you and your customers but don't know why it is happening?  I can help you.  Email me and tell me your story and I'll tell you how I can help. 

I offer a newcomer training, either in person, or training for those who live outside of LA/OC/Riverside county. 

I offer advanced training for those who already do ceramics, but need to know how to do clay handprints. 

I offer consultations by phone or Skype for those who are just encountering difficulties and want to learn how to fix those problems. 

I have 18 years in the business of running 2 public studios, teaching beginning and intermediate ceramics to ages 4 years to 60. Certified by Mayco, Duncan, and Booth Colors for Earth, and have used many different brands of fired products and taken courses on their use such as china paint, third fire metals, decal firing, photo decal making and firing, PreciousMetalClay , mid-fire cone 5-6 clay and glazes, stoneware, porcelain, horsehair raku, and Piping with the Piping Lady and cuerda seca tiles and one piece and two piece moldmaking.  I have taught tile mural painting for 17 years.  I was given the Successful Studio award and a published author on how to make home slab rolled projects.  I have privately taught several sculpting classes to students.  I specialize in non fired finishes for ceramics.  I designed and make my own line of custom tile cutters, and developed a handprint by mail kit.  I have been proactive on using social media and how to run a small business in economic variables in the economy. 

Now I would like to SHARE my experience to newcomers so you can avoid years of mistakes and improve your technique and increase your income in the ceramics world. 

Email me at Monica at handprintlady@hotmail.com

I have a FREE monthly email tip sheet for business, and a blog that is subscription based with technical support for ceramic businesses. 


    

No comments: